CSF are calling all designers working in micro and small fashion businesses to join us in empowering micro and small fashion businesses to build a more sustainable future!
CSF has always made support for small business a core aspect of our ethos and work. As a part of a two and a half year research project Fostering Sustainable Practices, funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) we are launching a short survey that explores the creative practice and day to day experiences of designers/entrepreneurs.
The UK designer fashion sector is largely made up of micro and small enterprises (MSEs) that are globally recognized for their creativity. Whilst they offer pioneering alternative visions of prosperity, these design-led businesses often struggle financially. This multi-disciplinary research project aims to identify barriers and points of intervention that will help develop alternative business support for transition to sustainability. This can reposition designer fashion MSEs as major contributors to the UK’s creative and sustainable economy.
We are looking for designers who are running or have founded their own fashion business in the UK. The survey can also be completed by other designers and designer-makers who work in micro and small fashion related businesses in the UK and the EU. Completing the survey will take around 20 minutes of your time.
By completing the survey;
- you will have an opportunity to become part of our research network and be one of the first to learn of the results,
- your voice will be heard, and you will contribute to better and more sustainable future for micro and small fashion businesses,
- you will have an opportunity to reflect on your business experiences and day to day working practices, including both the opportunities and the challenges,
- you will get access to networking and social events organized by CSF,
- you can register your interest in contributing to further stages of this project.
We appreciate that time is extremely precious in a small business and we thank you you in advance for your help!
To complete the survey, please click here. The survey will be live until Friday, April 12, 2019 (12 pm GMT).
For more information about this project and our partners, please click here.
If you have any questions, please contact the FSP Project Manager Zoe Norton at firstname.lastname@example.org.