The Laundry Pile: Materials, Meanings and Mundanities of Everyday Life
(organised by Emma Rigby, Jade Whitson-Smith and Lizzie Harrison).
This is a multi-part event organised as part of London Design Festival and includes an exhibition on laundry, book launch for Opening up the Wardrobe: A Methods Book edited by Kate Fletcher and Ingun Grimstad Klepp and multidisciplinary panel discussion on laundry practices.
Date, times and details for this event are:
Wednesday 20th September 2017
Exhibition and book launch, 4pm – 8.30pm (Lila’s laundrette, 11 Seymour Pl, Marylebone, London W1H 5AN)
Panel discussion, 6.45pm – 8pm (function rooms in The Carpenters Arms, 12 Seymour Pl, Marylebone, London W1H 7NE – opposite Lila’s laundrette)
This is a free event however to attend the panel discussion you must RSVP here:
*We regret there is no disabled access to these venues
- Professor Kate Fletcher, Centre for Sustainable Fashion, London College of Fashion
- Dr Mike Kalli, Founder & Director, IDEAL Manufacturing
- Professor Rosie Cox, Department of Geography, Birkbeck University of London
- Dr Victoria Kelley, Lecturer in Cultural Studies, Central Saint Martins
- Dr Thomas Roberts, Lecturer in Sociology, University of Surrey
Dr Andrew Brooks, Department of Geography, Kings College London